About System Administrator
Systems Administrator is responsible for the ongoing vision, design, implementation and support of the institution architecture. The administrator helps ,define and execute the solutions through regular interaction with clients. The ability to understand and augment business processes is imperative to the success of this position. This position will work closely with multiple divisions across the country as well as within Organisation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Daily support and administration of the infrastructure.
- Ability to manage system installations and upgrades.
- Establish and maintain procedures, technical documentation and standards for systems security, document organization and document access
- Develop conceptual design, scope of work, and technical specification documents for the Organisation
- Analyze business problems and outline potential solution options and recommendations.
- Manage the application vendor relationship to provide solutions to business application needs.
- Develop workflows, XML forms and custom features as needed to implement business processes within a Document Management system.
- Remain knowledgeable of current industry trends and technologies, and participate in appropriate industry events and forums
- Assist in determining the institutions document retention policies.
- Ensure proper integration and alignment with other IT functions, process and technology.
- Perform additional tasks as directed.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science or similar field, or comparable work experience.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Excellent client facing skills including exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Core consulting skills such as business writing and presenting, and analytic comparisons.
- Great attitude and strong Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Ability to work independently and in team settings; Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality the data security and protection.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Shares expertise with others; Able to communicate technical ideas and concepts to non-technical audiences; Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented, results focused, possess effective written and verbal communication skills, and be able to support change management initiatives.
- Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Generates creative solutions; Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Develops alternative solutions; Works well in both group and individual problem solving situations. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Supports organization’s goals and values; Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Adapts strategy to changing conditions
- Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Strong administrative and organizational skills